Sunday, January 06, 2008

My Husband is the Coolest!






Yesterday I mentioned to Tom that I think it might be cool to make the girls two toddler beds into one bunk bed. He said he had been thinking about it for awhile too and the next thing I know he is in the bedroom with his tools making it happen. The girls are loving there new sleeping situation and Fiona climbs up to the top like a champ. We will see how they do in a few minutes when they really do go to sleep in them for the first time. We need the extra space in the room because my mom got the girls a great dollhouse for Christmas and when our little Ugandan baby comes we will have to fit a crib into the room. We are still waiting for our phone call letting us know who our little one is- but we should know in the next month or so! Keep praying. Here are some pictures of Tom putting the beds together and the finished product! I also put a picture of the beds next to each other so you can see how they used to sleep.

2 comments:

M or J said...

That's awesome! Praise the Lord for handy men! I slept on a top-bunk for 16 years and I always loved peering over the edge and spying on my older sister sleeping. ;) The girls will make so many fun memories. -Jennie

Anonymous said...

I too have wonderful memories of bunk beds, especially how easy it was to go tinkle...never had to leave the bed: just kneel in the corner, aim, and go.